Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  TheLag : (18 November 2017 - 01:04 PM)

Aha, now i see it, thank you.

@  Matt76 : (18 November 2017 - 12:46 PM)

na its all set up for you

@  TheLag : (18 November 2017 - 12:37 PM)

By the way, i have requested TS channel, how do i get log in info? Email?

@  Matt76 : (18 November 2017 - 10:55 AM)

Thank you !

@  TheLag : (17 November 2017 - 11:36 PM)

Thank you very much, subscription renewed :)

@  Matt76 : (17 November 2017 - 06:03 PM)

I've replied @TheLag

@  TheLag : (17 November 2017 - 08:00 AM)

Fantastic news! I'm getting this error when i try to donate, any help? - goo.gl/W5QxKq

@  Yolo Medic : (16 November 2017 - 03:59 PM)

saved

@  Arppa : (15 November 2017 - 12:40 PM)

GJ MATT :D

@  Matt76 : (14 November 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Change of plans... http://customcombatg...e-2#entry155644

@  TheLag : (12 November 2017 - 05:39 PM)

New map is coming to PUBG soon + full release. I'd say people are going to play it even more.

@  Arppa : (12 November 2017 - 12:58 PM)

i think we need arma 4 but it isnt coming in few years i guess :(

@  TheBigTom : (11 November 2017 - 11:18 PM)

Guys dont be sad, One day this PUBG dont be such popular like it its now and arma 3 players will come back :)

@  TheBigTom : (11 November 2017 - 11:17 PM)

yea it was

@  Yolo Medic : (11 November 2017 - 11:14 PM)

damn it was good while it lasted

@  TheLag : (11 November 2017 - 05:09 PM)

If this server goes down, i don't think i need gaming rig anymore :(

@  Matt76 : (11 November 2017 - 12:09 PM)

Good bye everyone! http://customcombatg...ks/#entry155609

@  Blucas : (10 November 2017 - 08:01 PM)

@Lord Cuntingdon o/

@  Lord Cuntingdon : (10 November 2017 - 07:52 PM)

Hi btw :)

@  Lord Cuntingdon : (10 November 2017 - 07:52 PM)

I wish there was a server even REMOTELY like it in terms of the server setup.

Photo

Capture Points Mission!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts

CCG Capture Points

Currently testing on dev servers. Please provide feedback below.

0af31f9e80.jpg

Facts on how the mission works:

• Run alongside current missions
  • Mission only spawns if there is at least 10 people on the server
  • Mission only spawns in towns/cities
  • First mission spawns ~5 minutes into a server restart
  • Group of AI spawn at mission, these must first be cleared to capture the point
  • Once AI are cleared, mission runs for 20 mins
  • Circle appears on map to show the area of the objective:
    • Green means someone is holding the objective uncontested.
    • Yellow means objective is empty.
    • Red means objective is being contested.
  • Reward is either Poptabs or Respect (random at each mission)
  • Players receive a portion of the reward each minute, if point is uncontested
  • Total of ~10,000 Respect or ~20,000 Poptabs is rewarded at each mission. This is the max you would get if you held the objective uncontested for the entire 20 mins.
  • To be uncontested, objective must be occupied by an individual or a group
  • At the end of the 20 mins, if the objective is uncontested, the group/individual in the zone gets 10% of the total reward as a bonus
  • +50 respect bonus for defending the objective (killing someone, when you are in the objective)

Once we are happy that mission has been balanced and is bug free, we will push this to all servers.

• Matt76, TheAverageGamer, Redi and 7 others like this

3e1e824af5.png

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts

(This will be live on next dev server restart)

3e1e824af5.png

Aspheriaaaa

Aspheriaaaa
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

Nice! This sounds exciting, can't wait to see these on the non-dev servers! 

JensMartinFjeld

JensMartinFjeld
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

that also mean, by having a 50 pop server but almost only 40 people playing on it, all the pvp gonna be at this capture point.
You can not drive around anymore then to find ppl random and fight.

You have a 40 max unsubbed server slot, maybe have at least 70 and then 10 more for subbs, because playing with 40 ppl on its nothing!!! its to big of a map to have only 40 ppl playing on it.
to find pvp you need to camp spawns, like esekker and camp spencer

Edited by JensMartinFjeld, 20 February 2016 - 09:35 PM.

JensMartinFjeld

JensMartinFjeld
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

20k pop tags? thats A LOT, ppl are running around with 5 man groups they gonna be soon running around with striders and IED blowing everything up.

+ people playing alone or with 1 friend can`t do this and will then get rekt by this strider`s when they meet one

Edited by JensMartinFjeld, 20 February 2016 - 09:44 PM.

JensMartinFjeld

JensMartinFjeld
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

1 more thing, if this mission spawn inside camp spencer or chokory, neptune resort, no one gonna get the loot from it because ppl will just spawn in again, again and again

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts

1 more thing, if this mission spawn inside camp spencer or chokory, neptune resort, no one gonna get the loot from it because ppl will just spawn in again, again and again

People in groups don't get the full amount each. Also missions will spawn well away from spawn points.

Let's just give them a try and actually see how they play out before we whine about them, yeah?
  • Matt76, Redi and Joní like this

3e1e824af5.png

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts

that also mean, by having a 50 pop server but almost only 40 people playing on it, all the pvp gonna be at this capture point.

You have a 40 max unsubbed server slot, maybe have at least 70 and then 10 more for subbs, because playing with 40 ppl on its nothing!!! its to big of a map to have only 40 ppl playing on it.
to find pvp you need to camp spawns, like esekker and camp spencer

Also, we're working on stabilising the servers, we won't be increasing the slot count. And this post massively contradicts itself. You complain that everyone will be at these missions fighting, but then complain that currently the only way to get pvp is camping spawns. I don't really understand this one.

Anyway, go try out the missions. Come back tomorrow and give us some feedback that isn't pure speculation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • Redi likes this

3e1e824af5.png

Jake115

Jake115
  • Forum Members
  • 12 posts

this is awesome maybe reduce the militiary loot, increase the mission loot. Make it feel like arma 2 overpoch with the briefcases and safe in the loot

• Rocku0 likes this

JensMartinFjeld

JensMartinFjeld
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

this is awesome maybe reduce the militiary loot, increase the mission loot. Make it feel like arma 2 overpoch with the briefcases and safe in the loot

increase the mission loot? you get like allready 2 Awm, 1 lynx and some springfields/dmr

Steps

Steps
  • Validating
  • 38 posts

Nice job man , something new 

• Pita Bread likes this

StoneSlayer

StoneSlayer
  • Forum Members
  • 3 posts

Love the concept, Can't wait for it however i have some questions.

How is the game going to know if I am in a group with my friends? Via "tag as friend" mechanism? Will we have to "tag as friend" every time the server restarts? Or is there going to be some kinda grouping tool that saves over restarts? Love the concept, however the group mechanism needs to be on point otherwise these are going to be too much hassle.

Restarts every two hours, Which means we have to tag each other every 2 hours... 

Personal Opinion: Extend Server restarts to every 3/4 hours (preferably 4h so that there can be more of these missions and normal missions during one restart), expand grouping tool to last over restarts.

• StoneSlayer likes this

Vazuki

Vazuki
  • Forum Members
  • 90 posts
  • Group of AI spawn at mission, these must first be cleared to capture the point
  • Total of ~10,000 Respect or ~20,000 Poptabs is rewarded at each mission. This is the max you would get if you held the objective uncontested for the entire 20 mins.
  • +50 respect bonus for defending the objective (killing someone, when you are in the objective)

I like these added features , ive seen capture points on many servers and they arent really ever done correctly...this looks more promising.

Youtube: VazukiGameZ

Twitch: Vazuki

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts

I like these added features , ive seen capture points on many servers and they arent really ever done correctly...this looks more promising.

We do things properly Vazuki, you should know this by now :P

Love the concept, Can't wait for it however i have some questions.

How is the game going to know if I am in a group with my friends? Via "tag as friend" mechanism? Will we have to "tag as friend" every time the server restarts? Or is there going to be some kinda grouping tool that saves over restarts? Love the concept, however the group mechanism needs to be on point otherwise these are going to be too much hassle.

Restarts every two hours, Which means we have to tag each other every 2 hours...

Personal Opinion: Extend Server restarts to every 3/4 hours (preferably 4h so that there can be more of these missions and normal missions during one restart), expand grouping tool to last over restarts.

It uses the standard party system in exile. I think you think this is for arma 2.

Also, we have no plans to extend our restart times. The Restarts are that length for a reason. Plus 2 sessions at 2 hours each, equates to the same as one 4 hour session, therefore you will get roughly the same amount of these missions.

#maths

• Vazuki likes this

3e1e824af5.png

R00tl3ss

R00tl3ss
  • Forum Members
  • 48 posts

I don't know how it is on the other severs, but on the Cherno Dev server, 98% of the PVP happens at balota wih bambi killers....

I think it's a good way to force some more pvp somehwere else

• Michael and Blucas like this

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts
No flaming here please. Looking for constructive criticism

• Pita Bread likes this

3e1e824af5.png

warchild

warchild
  • Validating
  • 5 posts

Constructive critic would be:

Reduce the ENORMOUS capture point. People will just hide and contest in the middle of nowhere due to the sheer size.

You need to be able to find whoever is contesting within reasonable time. If you are not minimum a 5 man team for that, good luck. You'll end up with a stalemate for 19 minutes.

I'd probably consider reducing the times as well (-5 to -10), as 20 minutes is a long time. At start, you'd want people to rush to it to be first. Not coming in 10 minutes later.

Not sure what I think about having it in actual cities compared to say loading temporary buildings etc. Too many places for someone to hide (see point 1).

Else than that, thanks for new refreshing content. Keep it coming!

• Rocku0 and Aspheriaaaa like this

Michael

Michael
  • Head Admins
  • 4,313 posts
Thanks warchild.

I believe the circle is different dependant on the size of the town it's it. We can have a look and maybe have a max size instead

• warchild likes this

3e1e824af5.png

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 3,019 posts

Thanks warchild.

I believe the circle is different dependant on the size of the town it's it. We can have a look and maybe have a max size instead

Perhaps the circle could change depending on the number of people contesting it? Make it proportional to 1 over the number of people contesting it ;) Squeeze the fish in the barrel. Boom boom boom.
  • Blucas and Rocku0 like this

Blucas

Blucas

Salty

• Admins
  • 1,729 posts

Perhaps the circle could change depending on the number of people contesting it? Make it proportional to 1 over the number of people contesting it ;) Squeeze the fish in the barrel. Boom boom boom.

Or the other way around? The more people, the smaller it gets? Wow, that would be a massive CF of PvP :o
Kind regards,
Blu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users