Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  Matt76 : (26 June 2017 - 03:16 PM)

The US servers should now be back online, all bases have had maintenance paid today chaps

@  x2dezjohn : (26 June 2017 - 12:06 AM)

Servers back offline till a rollback happens and added back to launchers.

@  maman : (25 June 2017 - 11:18 PM)

Hello my friends of Tanoa Frankie US server, to log on the server you may: Log on Tanoa Frankie 1 or 2, then get back in the server browser in arma 3 and look for Frankie server, you will find the US one and be able to log on it. (ps: dont forget to update your arma to the latest version)

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 07:35 PM)

Dread_Viking: =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

Go to TS instead.

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

spawnd luckt w me in it lol

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

nwm a kind solo unluck my car

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:02 PM)

can i get a admin to help me in exile?

@  Matt76 : (25 June 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Aka Borat :0

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM)

Mornin' all. Going to be hot here today- supposed to hit 100F (almost 38C). Better put the mankini on.

@  Blucas : (24 June 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Mornin' :D

@  CarbonBlack : (23 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

Morning, long time no see or play

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

We can indeed, sorry.

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:06 AM)

it is what it is i made the choice i will never please everyone i expect that but, please can we change the record for a bit?

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:04 AM)

I appreciate your imput as ever chap but when you say 'we' thats you and someone else thats upset in the grand scheme of things whilst Malden has 50 players on it at this time of the morning. nothing ever stays the same and maybe one of these servers will be changed again in the future who knows.

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Matt76, we really appreciate your spent time and efforts for Arma community, but please try to see it from our end. You announced that Altis is going to be replaced with Tanoa and a lot of us bought it. Tanoa had a lot of regular players and now it's being taking down in favor of bad looking, Stratis comparable map. Your server, your rules, i got it, but please think about community you have created. Altis = Stratis = Malden. Same thing in a different shape. Tanoa was unique. Regards.

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 09:01 PM)

A nice distribution of players http://puu.sh/wrGdd/61a2f2f221.jpg

@  Blucas : (22 June 2017 - 08:21 PM)

Happy 16 years of arma :D

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Both servers are nearly full so I actually feel quite good my hard work is paying off

@  TheLag : (22 June 2017 - 06:04 PM)

This is a sad day for me.

@  Barney626 : (22 June 2017 - 04:51 PM)

Malden Wasteland is up! Check out the post here: http://customcombatg...teland-trailer/

Photo

Refunding lost vehicles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kryshi

Kryshi
  • Forum Members
  • 10 posts

I don't want this to sound rude to the admin team, they are doing a great work at keeping the rule breakers off the servers, but I want to know why they're on a strict non-refund policy. My mate was flying in a heli with some briefcases (about 5 in total) and the server unexpectedly crashed, causing him to lose the heli and all the briefs. Since this was through no fault of his own, it seems really unfair that he doesn't get refunded. If there is a reason for this strict non refund policy like people feigning the loss of vehicles or other? I really want to know.

With respect,

Kryshi

Omit

Omit
  • Forum Members
  • 480 posts

I'm not a member of the admin team, but I'd guess it is because of the amount of work to be needed to compensate every single little thing. I mean, there are enough people who would request compensation just if they lost 5k on server restart..

I mean, in the evenings or weekends their teamspeak support channels are already overloaded. Now add 10 people who want refunds because their vehicle glitched or whatever, and well, you can probably guess the outcome.

Also there would be tons of people requesting compensation without any proper evidence, resulting in a giant headache for the admin team :)

So they probably wont do it because it's not worth the time and effort for them.

• Warped likes this

This is a signature, and you're wasting your time reading this.

Kryshi

Kryshi
  • Forum Members
  • 10 posts

Oh i see, but i mean there's a difference between 5k and 5 briefs. They should at least offer some kind of compensation if there's sufficient evidence. Anyway, my friend didn't have it and i supposed it's true the admins would have even more work like that, but you gotta admit being powerless to stop you from losing 5bc after hard work because the server went down unexpectedly is kinda sad. Anyway, I guess that's a valid explanation as any. Thank you.

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 2,898 posts
No difference at all between 5k and 5 briefs. It's a virtual valueless item in a game that people play for fun. Players aren't working in game, they're playing.

The admins and moderators on the other hand are working; providing (free) customer support.

The rule set at ccg is set up to make the admins / mods job as reasonable as possible, without burdening them over much with stuff that they can't affect or fix. All rules also need to be enforceable without 24x7 admin presence. Hence the video evidence requirement.

Servers crash, arma is buggy. Ccg aren't responsible for the gaming equivalent of things your insurance company would call "act of God" (unless, of course you have extra very specific act of God coverage; i.e. flood, volcano, hurricane, tornado etc all fall into the extra coverage categories).

Anyway, the simplest approach is therefore no replacements for stuff that gets lost in game.

Cav
  • PeeBeds, Redi, Ophy and 3 others like this

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,250 posts
Exactly Cav, unless hackers have caused mayhem then no refunds I'm afraid and Cav explains this the best way.

b_560_95_1.png

No PMs unless I know you or have asked you, I will not read them.

Warped

Warped
  • Admins
  • 1,486 posts

Im a little confused... if the server crashes on Arma 2 you dont lose anything really. The heli will re-spawn back at its last location on the ground, and you will respawn on the ground below your last location. All the gear on you. 

At most i suppose you would lose the heli depending on where it was last left.

And Kudos to AirCav. Iv had people ask for compensation on VERY little gear. Gear that can be obtained in moments. But to them it IS the same as 5 briefs. Not to mention there are plenty of times compensation is asked for a problem that can still be rectified by in game player actions... no admin needed. You open the flood gates on compensation and people will no longer want to try to apply some elbow grease to fix in game problems, they will just run to an admin and ask for money back. 

WARNING! RANT BELOW! TL:DR

Spoiler

• PeeBeds, Redi, Kryshi and 1 other like this

TechnologyZ

TechnologyZ
  • Forum Members
  • 9 posts

I think there is a simple solution to all of this: Require a minimum donation just as you do with forgotten lock codes. 2.50 or 5.00 GBP sounds reasonable, up for the player to decide whether it is worth that amount of money or not. And it supports CCG in a good way, too.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 119 posts

I think there is a simple solution to all of this: Require a minimum donation just as you do with forgotten lock codes. 2.50 or 5.00 GBP sounds reasonable, up for the player to decide whether it is worth that amount of money or not. And it supports CCG in a good way, too.

You are not allowed to sell ingame items for money. Which this exactly would be.  

PS: Sorry for necro but warped linked it to some recent thread. Feel free to close this thread/delete my answer if its forbidden.

• Warped likes this

Warped

Warped
  • Admins
  • 1,486 posts

You are not allowed to sell ingame items for money. Which this exactly would be.  

PS: Sorry for necro but warped linked it to some recent thread. Feel free to close this thread/delete my answer if its forbidden.

Yup, we have to be VERY careful with how we run a server that is termed "monetized". This is why we can not do certain things, run certain mods, and the such.

And yes, we are aware that some servers that are monetized DO do these things, but that does not mean they are allowed to do it. They just have been running under Bohemia's radar. However since we draw more attention in the Arma community than some random small server, if we fuck up we get jumped on right away. And that has happened in the past. We were jumped on for something we did, but Bohemia did not know at the time that the creator of the content we were using had JUST opened it up for monetized servers. Everything was fine because we were allowed to use this content, but just goes to show how closely we are being watched. We are always very careful to remain above board as to protect our community and players from any shut down.

• Rainbow Dash and Barney626 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users