Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  Matt76 : (21 October 2017 - 07:56 PM)

Anyone with loot spawn issue un sub the map on steam and re sub it

@  WDane : (20 October 2017 - 03:35 PM)

Redi's friday nights https://www.facebook...19255444837061/

@  Matt76 : (17 October 2017 - 08:08 PM)

got board http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-13

@  Joní : (14 October 2017 - 02:41 PM)

Bye bye

@  AIRCAV : (12 October 2017 - 01:08 AM)

@Matt76, thanks.

@  Barney626 : (10 October 2017 - 08:32 PM)

Exile Esseker mid trader has been updated to fix the old office trader location and give it all a lick of paint.

@  Matt76 : (10 October 2017 - 07:40 PM)

higher res vehicle and uniform textures on wasteland :) http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-12

@  Matt76 : (09 October 2017 - 08:16 PM)

hellooo Pee :)

@  Blucas : (09 October 2017 - 03:58 PM)

Peeeee :D

@  PeeBeds : (09 October 2017 - 01:42 PM)

Hi :D

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 09:06 PM)

ok

@  Blucas : (08 October 2017 - 08:47 PM)

@Ralium TS is better to get a faster response, shoutbox is mainly for general discussions and isn't checked as often :)

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 03:10 PM)

sorry for spam

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 03:10 PM)

@Barney626

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 03:08 PM)

@barney

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 03:05 PM)

unlock my thread terminator used my account to make and appeal im not him

@  Ralium : (08 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

Barney

@  maca134 : (07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM)

Exile Player Panel is back online!

@  Yolo Medic : (06 October 2017 - 10:26 PM)

k

@  DonLadi : (06 October 2017 - 06:43 PM)

All Good Joni thinks like that have to be done, better sooner than later ^^

Photo

Arma 3 Exile Suggestions Thread Pt.2

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Chaoz

Chaoz
  • Forum Members
  • 3 posts

No I started at 0 just like you a few months ago.

But instead of whining and wanting to get everything blown in my arse I worked for it and earned it.

Right now I am a solo player got 30k in my locker, 29k on myself.

And I havent killed a single person to get one poptab of those 59k. Not even killed an AI.

I can buy everything I want and need, fuck I could by a Strider if I wanted to.

So how about you start to play smart and stop wanting CCG to cater to you. If old players have nothing to work towards, why would there even be old players in the first place?

This isnt some 500k start, build without flag, w/e, baby hold my first milk bottle server. This is CCG. Learn to deal with the harder approach to the game or maybe this just isnt the right server for you.

Imho getting respect is way to easy atm. But I got 50k respect so its easy for me to say?

Go ahead, reset my respect give me 2 weekends and I'll be back over 25k.

money is not the problem but respect, so how do you farm it that efficent? just loot and zombies or what? dont believe that you make that much with it

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 147 posts

money is not the problem but respect, so how do you farm it that efficent? just loot and zombies or what? dont believe that you make that much with it

10k Worth of stuff are 1k respect. Thats how I made my 50k.

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 2,989 posts
Chaoz, please remain polite.

Cav

Barney626

Barney626

Saltier?

• Admins
  • 1,534 posts

Hey, I've been playing on the CCG Exile - Offical Chernaurus Island (EU) server.

A few things bother a friend of mine and myself that are just bad game design in our opinion.

1. loss of respect after death. We play a lot and we die alot because of a 8+ man clan that pretty much rules the server. Not able to buy health regeneration or good weapons to fight them = punishment for new players and none for old ones because they have way too much respect anway and dont have to care about losing it and wont even die in ther 100k poptabs armored black market trader vehicle.

2. when not adding the option for new players to buy health kits make it atleast that you automaticly regenerate health (faster as just food) in the trade zone where you are in god mode anyway!!

3. this is the most important one for my friend and me: full wipes. A quick example: I had a lot of time in the last days farmed respect like crazy but got destroyed by a 8+ man crew that ganks other players especially aiming at new ones because they can't do shit anyway. We were in the village capturing the point when 3 of these 100k poptabs (or whatever the currencys name is) black market trade vehicles appeared with air support. We didnt even have silencers for our guns. I mean at what point does that make sence? Its not even a fight its just execution. There need to be full whipes because otherwise new players will never have a chance to catch up.

Its just dumb. for example I played 11 hours of exile today and I ended with less than I started with because of permanent 8+ man map control.

In general there is just no danger for older players. 0 risk. They die and lose their 8k equipment? Doesnt matter can buy it 50x times more... and when you dont punish older people the same way you do it with fresh ones then give the new players atleast a chance to be able to fight back.

I can understand your frustration. Everyone was new at some point and felt the exact same way as you did. Fighting head on with a BRDM (I assume that's what you mean) is difficult especially when you don't have a lot of equipment. 

I think the first thing to really address is why you were in that situation in the first place. If you think of other 'open world' games you don't go fighting the high end boss 5 minutes after you start playing. If you see a BRDM coming (You should really hear it coming before it sees you) the best thing to do is hide. It can only run you over so find solid cover like a building, if someone gets on the turret shoot them. If you have higher caliber weapons shoot the wheels out (That's its main weakness). If it is attacking your base, just hide in your base. 

A skilled player doesn't need high end gear to avoid vehicles, neither should you. 

Concerning loss of respect, respect loss is a percentage value. It's at 5% for death by another player (Values can vary, see FAQ for details). That means if you have 100 respect, you lose 5 respect. But if you have 100000 like some of the high end players do they will lose 5000 respect. This makes respect loss relativity balanced across the range of respect levels. 

We cannot really change how much respect is lost as that would create loopholes which people would exploit to get free respect. 

This game is meant to be hard, meds are not meant to be easy to get. With that said, what would be the point in playing the game if you were restricted in the end game. We can't just increase the price of meds to stop high end players having them as that would make them even more difficult for new players to get them. 

If we had auto-regen in traders it would make meds pretty much useless. Anyone in combat would just run to the trader as they know they can heal up to 100% and try again. 

Wiping servers will drive more players away than it attracts. If your progress just gets wiped every month 90% of players just won't play. We all know it's hard being new, but trying to change how hard the game is rather than getting better yourself is a silly thing to do. It detracts from the game for everyone, including you. 

Even though rainbowdash said it rather bluntly, I would tend to agree with him. There are easier ways to build up equipment and wealth than missions. Early on you should really focus on looting in towns. You can then progress to missions later when you are capable of combating players. 

• caatalyst and Geforce like this

caatalyst

caatalyst
  • Forum Members
  • 108 posts

Man I love the new Cherno Redux map! Really hope it picks up because it is by far the best looking arma 3 map to date.

My feeling so far though;

• Mission spawns are happening in trees and places impossible to get sights on the AI. The AI are particularly brutal on CCG and because of the hardcore setup (which i do love) it just feels a bit too difficult trying to fight them close quarters. I was trying to do a bandit invasion and my friend tried to do a high security transport and we just couldn't get eyes on the AI but they were shooting us through trees. We didn't even find the AI on high security and gave up after my friend died. Maybe a bit of attention to the mission spawn locations? The missions don't need to be so nasty for the most part so having them out in the open is fine. We already have to deal with other players.
  • 2 Missions spawning at once even when the pop is low should be fine. The new map is quite difficult to travel through on land and the missions can often end by the time you get there.
  • Map icons could do with some love. Maybe add your own CCG icons? A lot of server providers do this now and it can look very slick and be useful for the player. When a mission is complete make it show this on the map too.
  • I know i always nag for this but 8 day territory protection would be a million times better. It means I people can always pay every 7 days with the buffer day and get into a routine with it so they don't forget. Simple change but great results.

So many more options for missions as well...

• what about vehicle missions? Could spawn a mid tier car / chopper, maybe a really low percentage that a high tier car like an ifrit could spawn.
  • Why not put a crate at helicopter crash sites which the players can fight over instead of making it a loot spawn point?
  • What about a random 'hidden crate' that spawns somewhere on the map been guarded by AI? 1 per restart.
  • Roaming AI maybe in a prowler with some loot inside?

Edited by caatalyst, 24 September 2017 - 02:46 PM.

• Arcarsenal likes this

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 147 posts

Along with TWS optics i have changed other high end weapons and items to be mission only rewards

* de-mining UAV

* GM6 Lynx Snipers

* Navid MMGs

* EOD vests

* Carrier GL Rig vests  

^Matt76 wrote that changelog a while ago about the Wasteland server.

How about we implement the same thing on regular exile? Not for TWS and that shit but for example the Lynx could very well be a mission only reward. Would give the other high end snipers a use since why would I buy a two shot sniper (apart from the one that fits in a backpack apparently) if I could have a Lynx instead?

Gooseacat

Gooseacat
  • Forum Members
  • 6 posts

Bring back Nalamsk, but with more unique missions (ie a1/a2) and loot to set it apart from the other servers.

Edited by Gooseacat, 13 October 2017 - 11:36 PM.

Gooseacat

Gooseacat
  • Forum Members
  • 6 posts

This ties in with my previous post, what about loot specific to servers? Since you've added the ability to teleport between servers and bring gear with you, how about make it so that a few specific weapons and items only spawn on specific servers (ie Tropic M320, Tropic LRPS, and jungle clothing/gear only spawn on the Tanoa servers). This way you either have to hop worlds to try and get that type of weapon or kill/trade with someone who brings them over into your world.

Also, would it be possible to have some sort of vehicle garage that is shared between servers, this way you could store a vehicle in your garage before swapping worlds, and access it on the new world. Would be fine if this was a subscriber only feature as well.

Edited by Gooseacat, 16 October 2017 - 08:20 PM.

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 2,989 posts
You die when you switch servers.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 147 posts

You die when you switch servers.

Is that a bug or wanted? I thought that the whole point was to be able to transfer your character to another server.

x2dezjohn

x2dezjohn
  • Admins
  • 1,162 posts

Only kills (wipes your gear) if you join a server where your character isn't on. Teleporting should still have gear.

• Rainbow Dash likes this

torndeco

torndeco

Zombie Brain

• Developer
  • 224 posts

It will warn you beforehand and give you option to connect to server were your character is aswell.

Gooseacat

Gooseacat
  • Forum Members
  • 6 posts

I don't die when swapping from a trade zone, which is what it tells you to do. Only if I connect to another server while my character is active on another.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 147 posts

Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying it guys.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users