Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  torndeco : (21 September 2017 - 07:32 PM)

Chernarus Redux Loot is Fixed & Tanoa Servers are Update with teleporting between servers etc

@  Matt76 : (18 September 2017 - 07:42 PM)

Malden lovers http://puu.sh/xCX29/10a14b5839.jpg

@  Joní : (17 September 2017 - 11:10 PM)

Oh and also Redux map and Esseker none Zombies are linked, so you can teleport between those 2 maps... Please keep in mind this is an early implementation of this feature. If you have questions or bugs please report them on the forums.

@  Arppa : (17 September 2017 - 04:04 PM)

very athmospheric map, good fps too

@  Joní : (17 September 2017 - 02:32 PM)

FYI The New Redux Map has replaced Cherno Isles none Zombies... Anything that was on that map has been transferred over in full to the new Redux Map, you will have lost nothing.

@  torndeco : (16 September 2017 - 11:13 PM)

Exile Chernarus Redux Server is up, if anyone wants to check out the new/old map.

@  Matt76 : (16 September 2017 - 05:36 AM)

Or even turn them off if you no likey

@  Matt76 : (16 September 2017 - 05:34 AM)

Seriously why not read the instructions on how to place the kill messages where you want...

@  TheLag : (16 September 2017 - 12:17 AM)

frenchteamgaming-uk...

@  TheLag : (16 September 2017 - 12:15 AM)

Lads, seriously...? At first that childish login sound, now kill messages literally in front of your face :(

@  Matt76 : (11 September 2017 - 08:44 PM)

our wasteland servers have been updated to 1.4 http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-11

@  Matt76 : (07 September 2017 - 09:17 PM)

Just a selection of LOW assests added, will look at more over the next dew days when more info becomes available http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-11

@  Matt76 : (07 September 2017 - 04:37 PM)

Wasteland servers are now being updated to 1.76 the LOW DLC content will be added in over the next day or so

@  Punisher : (07 September 2017 - 02:45 PM)

Wastelands should be back online now

@  Matt76 : (07 September 2017 - 12:50 PM)

The Data Centre our wasteland box is located in is currently offline for maintenance and could be until this time tomorrow chaps

@  Matt76 : (02 September 2017 - 12:28 PM)

Player bounties now on Malden wasteland http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-11

@  Matt76 : (01 September 2017 - 03:56 PM)

thanks for the report, you know who you are :)

@  Matt76 : (30 August 2017 - 10:46 PM)

a few more tweaks today on Wasteland http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-11

@  Matt76 : (24 August 2017 - 10:02 PM)

a few changes to wasteland this evening http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-11

@  Warped : (22 August 2017 - 05:32 AM)

I got to be in the path of the total eclipse of the sun. If anyone every has a chance, DO IT. I wont be missing a single one from now on, even if i have to fly.

Photo

Guestions

general

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

sirarmadill

sirarmadill
  • Forum Members
  • 27 posts

well aircav i admit that was going a bit too far and i appologies for that and

barney i always check my facts and my friend told me just before i posted that it was still there so i appologies if you were gonna do it at a restart

also i cant find the make new request button for the subscribing thing

kind regards Gabriel Angelos

Edited by sirarmadill, 25 June 2017 - 06:38 PM.

sirarmadill

sirarmadill
  • Forum Members
  • 27 posts

quick question how do i get the meat from animals( for instance chicken fillet (RAW)) to make food and such on my fire since theres no animals

Kind Regards Gabriel Angelos

x2dezjohn

x2dezjohn
  • Admins
  • 1,130 posts

You answered your own question, there is no animals, no animals will be added due to performance.

sirarmadill

sirarmadill
  • Forum Members
  • 27 posts

than a good idea would be too remove the recipes from the XM8 because that is misleading at hell

IIIpl4sm4III

IIIpl4sm4III
  • Forum Members
  • 131 posts

Will we ever see some innovation in the way that mods go?

I know me and my clan GRINDED on CCG a while back but it quickly got boring, to which I assume the cause was the lack of content and/or missions. 

Im sure you guys have your reasons such as server performance, for example - but I want to ask the question anyway.

I can't find a server for the life of me that isn't:

1. Chernarus

2. Militarized style

3. Survival-esque "DayZ" style

4. Third Person

The only consistent server that I've seen so far was CCGs A3, as much as I want to come back to play on it, theres not really all that much to do.

Theres no longer any "Exile+" hardcore servers around, which is what im yearning for. (And I know many other people who share the same thoughts at mine, excluding the clan im situated in)

Warped

Warped
  • Admins
  • 1,524 posts

When a server type is "no longer around" there is a reason for it. And it generally comes down to popularity. And "hard core survival kick in the nuts" style servers just don't last long. Everyone wants one, then no one plays on it for long.

This happened back in A2 when everyone wanted CCG to do a hard core dayz vanilla server. So CCG did, and it was really popular... for like a week. I think it lasted maybe 3 months after that. 

IIIpl4sm4III

IIIpl4sm4III
  • Forum Members
  • 131 posts

When a server type is "no longer around" there is a reason for it. And it generally comes down to popularity. And "hard core survival kick in the nuts" style servers just don't last long. Everyone wants one, then no one plays on it for long.

This happened back in A2 when everyone wanted CCG to do a hard core dayz vanilla server. So CCG did, and it was really popular... for like a week. I think it lasted maybe 3 months after that. 

Its pretty apparent that those servers pretty much die instantly; when the content is based off difficulty - things don't meld well with longevity. 

Im not really looking for the "hard core survival kick in the nuts" servers. Im not looking for militarized servers either. And by hardcore, I meant first person. 

The "Frankie's tanoa" servers were pretty much packed fulll of players back when I played, and thats when it was fun because the constant PvP provided a content in terms of an arms race. Theres just something missing in my opinion, and I can't find a server that suits our tastes anywhere. We did find one server that we liked, but shut down because they didn't feel like dealing with updates anymore. 

Maybe theres not many people playing exile as there were before. As I look though the server browser at peak times, theres not a whole lot to choose from. Every other server I try and join it feels like another COD sequel: no innovation, no creativity, and certainly no originality. And the servers that I did like; ive run out of reasons to play on them.

Same shit different clan, but they somehow manage 60/60. 

~70% of servers are "miliuhturized"

~20% are "survival-esque"

and the other 10% falls into the CCG area, meaning somewhat vanilla exile with a few modifications on the side.

tldr: server selection is at an all time low, and I think im burnt on the "exile/epochArmA2" thing for a while.

Edited by IIIpl4sm4III, 26 July 2017 - 06:31 AM.

Warped

Warped
  • Admins
  • 1,524 posts

The main problem like i said is always popularity. And the reality is people do not like to play first person. It drives away way more people than it takes in. The other issue is availability of mods. A perfect combo of mods might be A, B, C, and D. However B might not be allowed on monetized servers. So this cuts down how many servers are willing to use it right away. Some servers might use it ANYWAY (against the wishes of BI and the mod owner) but more well known communities will not even try that, nor should they.

Then maybe mod D is really cool... but has some quirks in it that can be abused. So this can be another server killer. I played on some servers that have had some really cool building mods, but it was able to be glitched and of course people did that.

And these are just some of the issues server hosts face. We can not afford to have servers that cater to a small minority of players. Our servers run through our donation system which means we need to also make sure we only use mods we have permission to use. Furthermore with as many servers as we have we need to make sure mods we have are as less abusable, and as stable, as we can. We also need to try to create as balance of a game play as we can (no tanks in exile).

This really paints us into a corner on some issues. If there are certain mods you think we should look at you can suggest them in the exile thread, but please do some research on them before hand. Many people suggest to us mods that can not be used on monetized servers.

Over all... you can always just play the game different. A buddy of mine when he got bored would get rid of all his stuff, start over again from scratch, and go build himself a small hunting shack somewhere. Or put restrictions on yourself... play in 1st person only, only use X type of guns, try to be a hero/bandit. Maybe use only guns and gear you search for, avoid the trader at all costs.

Or; start your own server. Best way to get all that you want in a game. Just be warned about the issues i mentioned above. Especially about monotization.

• IIIpl4sm4III likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: general

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users