Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  x2dezjohn : (26 June 2017 - 12:06 AM)

Servers back offline till a rollback happens and added back to launchers.

@  maman : (25 June 2017 - 11:18 PM)

Hello my friends of Tanoa Frankie US server, to log on the server you may: Log on Tanoa Frankie 1 or 2, then get back in the server browser in arma 3 and look for Frankie server, you will find the US one and be able to log on it. (ps: dont forget to update your arma to the latest version)

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 07:35 PM)

Dread_Viking: =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

Go to TS instead.

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

spawnd luckt w me in it lol

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

nwm a kind solo unluck my car

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:02 PM)

can i get a admin to help me in exile?

@  Matt76 : (25 June 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Aka Borat :0

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM)

Mornin' all. Going to be hot here today- supposed to hit 100F (almost 38C). Better put the mankini on.

@  Blucas : (24 June 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Mornin' :D

@  CarbonBlack : (23 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

Morning, long time no see or play

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

We can indeed, sorry.

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:06 AM)

it is what it is i made the choice i will never please everyone i expect that but, please can we change the record for a bit?

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:04 AM)

I appreciate your imput as ever chap but when you say 'we' thats you and someone else thats upset in the grand scheme of things whilst Malden has 50 players on it at this time of the morning. nothing ever stays the same and maybe one of these servers will be changed again in the future who knows.

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Matt76, we really appreciate your spent time and efforts for Arma community, but please try to see it from our end. You announced that Altis is going to be replaced with Tanoa and a lot of us bought it. Tanoa had a lot of regular players and now it's being taking down in favor of bad looking, Stratis comparable map. Your server, your rules, i got it, but please think about community you have created. Altis = Stratis = Malden. Same thing in a different shape. Tanoa was unique. Regards.

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 09:01 PM)

A nice distribution of players http://puu.sh/wrGdd/61a2f2f221.jpg

@  Blucas : (22 June 2017 - 08:21 PM)

Happy 16 years of arma :D

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Both servers are nearly full so I actually feel quite good my hard work is paying off

@  TheLag : (22 June 2017 - 06:04 PM)

This is a sad day for me.

@  Barney626 : (22 June 2017 - 04:51 PM)

Malden Wasteland is up! Check out the post here: http://customcombatg...teland-trailer/

@  maca134 : (22 June 2017 - 04:37 PM)

US SERVERS DOWN FOR HARDWARE REPLACEMENT - http://customcombatg...re-replacement/

Photo

Malden Wasteland

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

CZAK

CZAK
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

new SS ??

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts

The mission is ready for the launch on the 22nd June, which means our Tanoa server will be going offline that day. Player data is saved so you will carry all of your money across etc.  

everything seems to work fine although i'm sure we may spot something later down the line. 

8683f58672.jpg

b_560_95_1.png

No PMs unless I know you or have asked you, I will not read them.

TheoWezlan

TheoWezlan
  • Forum Members
  • 9 posts

This is just as small as Stratis, Why not replace Stratis with Malden?

I've long thought of why CCG don't make an Altis wasteland server.

But two small maps? 

Can't we just have three servers? Keep Stratis and Tanoa, then make a new hived on with Malden, it's hard enough to get on the server around prime times, even some subscribers.

Is the additional cost that much higher? I'm sure some would be willing to give some cash away if you kept Tanoa, it's impossible to fly jets immersively on Stratis, even helis.

PLEASE, don't swap tanoa out ._.

Among all the Theo (numbers) this one is on the scoreboard!

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts

Altis is too big imo, Tanoa is behind a paywall and is only full for an hour or two a day if that (just look at the gametracker graphs), we can't afford another server at the moment and besides i don't fancy running more, i don't have the time currently. 

I guess you have spent time on Malden?, it would be a good idea first before making comparisons as Stratis is 20 square kilometers against Malden which is 62 square kilometers. Watching players activities on the map (yes i have a live web feed that shows me players positions and movements) i would say half the Tanoa map is currently used by players the rest is deserted and devoid of players regularly so your point comes down to flying jets alone it seems. 

A the end of the day if the server doesn't work out i would reluctantly replace Malden with Altis but i can confirm Tanoa won't be coming back anytime soon as not enough of the arma community imo have purchased the APEX dlc. 

and lastly why would i replace our Stratis mission which is currently the number one ranked (busiest) wasteland server in Arma 3?. 

• Barney626 and Sheik Yerbouti like this

b_560_95_1.png

Barney626

Barney626

Saltier?

• Admins
  • 1,078 posts

For a bit of context on map size:

Maps_RV_Apex_full.png

Personally, I do enjoy altis for being a big map as it does give vehicles more of a purpose. Walking places just isn't a good idea. It also tends to make jets less powerful as they have to cover a larger area. 

With that said, altis is quite an old map and many wasteland players have had their fill of it. 

I think one of the main problems with tanoa as a wasteland server is that it really has very little content on it. Most of it is dense jungles which are impassable with vehicles. This makes most of the map unusable to the average wasteland player who uses vehicles. Also, their main center piece (George town) Which was clearly meant to be an infantry hot spot is so badly made and laggy no one goes there. 

Compared to altis which has the salt flats, multiple large towns (But not so large they are laggy), the castle, the scrap yard, the main airfield, the secondary airfields, multiple terrain types/stypes (Hilly-flat), etc

Even though it is a bigger map, for wasteland players who prefer larger maps it has more content to it. 

Regarding Stratis vs Malden, Malden does have a lot more content per km than stratis. Most of stratis is just open hills. There are very few towns/features on that map apart from the main airfield. 70-80% of the fighting happens on the main airfield. Comparatively, malden has multiple large towns, different elevations and 'biomes' (Desert in the north and forrests in the west). It is certainly closer to altis than stratis in terms of variation and content. 

We should at least give malden a few weeks so matt can fiddle with store locations and territories. Try and craft the gameplay to something different from stratis. Be patient and we will get a quality server. 

Edited by Barney626, 13 June 2017 - 04:51 PM.

• Matt76 and Dozer_302 like this

TheoWezlan

TheoWezlan
  • Forum Members
  • 9 posts

Point taken, and good one at that.

Yeah, give it a go.

I do however love that there so much jungle on Tanoa.. So many fights in dense ''af'' jungle turning close quarter combats into nightmare-ish games of explosions from hell to patiently awaiting the other player's move.

It is truly a lovely map, in my honest opinion.

I have however never played Malden, I never had the computer to play Arma until like four years ago.

Will nonetheless be interesting.

Also +points for keeping the VS, it is a cornerstone of CCG, imo.

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 327 posts

Please consider swapping Stratis to Malden and leave Tanoa alone. Malden is way too small and almost comparable to Stratis. Going from Altis to Tanoa was a big hit for me, now Malden would make me change the server. I have tried Malden already. Too small.

4dyzsv.png

Barney626

Barney626

Saltier?

• Admins
  • 1,078 posts

Please consider swapping Stratis to Malden and leave Tanoa alone. Malden is way too small and almost comparable to Stratis. Going from Altis to Tanoa was a big hit for me, now Malden would make me change the server. I have tried Malden already. Too small.

The simple fact is, stratis is much more popular than tanoa. 

Tanoa:

2boaO0n.png

Stratis:

kkM31cS.png

If the stratis community prefer the Malden map, they will begin filtering over onto it while stratis declines. Then we could look at replacing stratis with a larger map. But I really don't see that happening. 

TheoWezlan

TheoWezlan
  • Forum Members
  • 9 posts

It makes sense for them to swap Tanoa, I've been actively checking Gametracker and this is a sound move.. And Barney's comment is quite sound.

It's completely rational, maybe later down the line Tanoa will have a shot again, who knows.

Personally I've grown into the idea of Malden a bit, it intrigues me more and more!

One fantasy of mine is.. Lythium... 400km2 of wasteland madness... 100 to 200player(edit) cap, oh baby.. This idea makes my bottom tingle.

Edited by TheoWezlan, 19 June 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash
  • Forum Members
  • 119 posts

It makes sense for them to swap Tanoa, I've been actively checking Gametracker and this is a sound move.. And Barney's comment is quite sound.

It's completely rational, maybe later down the line Tanoa will have a shot again, who knows.

Personally I've grown into the idea of Malden a bit, it intrigues me more and more!

One fantasy of mine is.. Lythium... 400km2 of wasteland madness... 100 to 200player(edit) cap, oh baby.. This idea makes my bottom tingle.

And Serverhosters cry while their servers are burning with the 200 player arma server.

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 327 posts

And Serverhosters cry while their servers are burning with the 200 player arma server.

With 70 players on FPS is pretty horrible, i don't even want to think about that slide show you'd see with 200 players. Plus, this would require players to download the map.

4dyzsv.png

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts
80 then things start going South apart from Tanoa as the map is badly optimised I.e. shit

If we stripped out AI and missions and other bits that make wasteland up we could run 100 slot servers easily just look at KOTH

b_560_95_1.png

vendetta88

vendetta88
  • Forum Members
  • 22 posts

Oooo this map is going to be awsome cant wait  :D

but i am sad that its going replace tanoa i love Tanoa the n1 reason i play on ccg  :doh:  :(

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts

Okay i've done all the testing i can think of so we are ready for tomorrow, i would imagine the swap over will happen around 6pm UK time when i'm back from work. 

obviously i'm sure players will come across issues/bugs so please report them here http://customcombatg...porting/page-16

thanks 

• TheoWezlan likes this

b_560_95_1.png

TheoWezlan

TheoWezlan
  • Forum Members
  • 9 posts

With 70 players on FPS is pretty horrible, i don't even want to think about that slide show you'd see with 200 players. Plus, this would require players to download the map.

Yeah but that's because e.g the amount of objects you see in your view distance in Arma, how the engine works is that it constantly streams from your harddrive, even with SSD it can sometimes not do it fast enough.

On a middle-east map like Lythium, you would get lot more FPS in comparison to Tanoa. Altis is quite big and the frames there are quite good as well even on popular KOTH mods and some wasteland altis servers.

200 might be wishful thinking but, 100-200 ;P..

(edit) Have you ever played the 250player cap Friday Night Fight server? It's Altis and although it's usually around 150players it's not that laggy, I get like 30-50frames on Tanoa when it's 70players but Altis and ''FNF'' with twice the pop, quite the same frames.

I wonder if it could be made into an event, weekend/week-ish sometime in the future, temporarily hosted on a 3rd server.

Wishful thinking, but hey, I think it'd be frikkin great PR for CCG, I think it would attract thus generate another set of regulars + community.

Edited by TheoWezlan, 21 June 2017 - 08:47 PM.

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 327 posts

So far really disappointed with "new" map. Most of spawn locations are surrounded by hills/really good snipping locations. Got sniped several times in a row withing first minute or two. No forests/woods to hide from jets so we are all sitting ducks for them. And it seems like a lot of Stratis lovers on it already.

Oh, and FPS isn't a lot better than on Tanoa.

Edited by TheLag, 22 June 2017 - 06:04 PM.

4dyzsv.png

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts

Dude Tanoa isn't coming back even if straits goes quiet following Malden I would put an Altis mission up instead

also just to add, the majority of the player base like the mayhem you know that. 

b_560_95_1.png

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 327 posts

Dude Tanoa isn't coming back even if straits goes quiet following Malden I would put an Altis mission up instead

Yeah, someone already mentioned that in chat. Is there any reason for that?

4dyzsv.png

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,246 posts

Paywall chap, not enough players own Apex 

b_560_95_1.png

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 327 posts

But the server is full every night? Yes, Stratis is/was more populated, but Tanoa is a masterpiece. And not that expensive! With current jets loadouts Malden and Altis are unplayable. I know some of you guys really love jets, but it's only fun for the one in a jet :(

Yes, i could buy another jet to shoot it down (not much skill needed for that), but:

a) there are too many of the in the air

b) it would force me to go up into the air while i prefer ground based fights.

Edited by TheLag, 22 June 2017 - 06:20 PM.

4dyzsv.png

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users