Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  Geforce : (18 February 2018 - 12:57 PM)

Thanks John! :D

@  x2dezjohn : (17 February 2018 - 11:21 PM)

up now

@  Geforce : (17 February 2018 - 10:42 PM)

Never used the shoutbox before, but since there is only a few weeks left on CCG we would like to make the most out of it. So sorry for this but Esseker server just went down if anyone who can restart it is online <3

@  HaMarco : (09 February 2018 - 09:10 PM)

I actually feel sad. Thanks for everything.

@  maca134 : (09 February 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Im sorry to say the exile servers are being shutdown in a month.

@  maca134 : (09 February 2018 - 07:04 PM)

http://customcombatg...cg-exile/page-0

@  x2dezjohn : (08 February 2018 - 10:47 PM)

Any wasteland server that pops up with CCG in name are fake unless its posted on our site, currently 1 fake server up already.

@  TheBigTom : (07 February 2018 - 03:44 PM)

I just get my Joystick back from reclamation.. so sad

@  TheBigTom : (07 February 2018 - 03:28 PM)

Guys this is just a joke right ? .....

@  Warped : (07 February 2018 - 07:46 AM)

Wastelander's - http://customcombatg...e-4#entry156593

@  Yolo Medic : (07 February 2018 - 04:20 AM)

:(

@  Yolo Medic : (07 February 2018 - 04:20 AM)

Damn CCG gone again?

@  TheLag : (07 February 2018 - 12:36 AM)

Good bye CCG, I'll miss you a lot. Thanks for good times.

@  TheLag : (05 February 2018 - 09:23 AM)

@Arppa i was about to click that link until you wrote that Exile turns into standalone :P Won't happen. Even Dayz offers you more activities then Exile. In Exile all you do is run. No fun.

@  TheLag : (05 February 2018 - 09:20 AM)

No Tom, that was an airdrop. Unmanned Chinook brought it.

@  Arppa : (02 February 2018 - 02:18 PM)

Arma 4 delayed, Exile mod turns into stand-alone game and challenges PUBG: https://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0?t=27

@  TheBigTom : (30 January 2018 - 08:55 AM)

somebody just transported MLRS with huron and paradrop him to safe zone

@  TheLag : (28 January 2018 - 03:20 PM)

Could anybody explain me this - https://postimg.org/image/th49driyz/ ?

@  Lepa : (21 January 2018 - 08:43 PM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aLESDql1U

@  Hatrious : (21 January 2018 - 07:22 PM)

Yes! Im poor again. :)

Photo

That's it folks.. No more wasteland..

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,761 posts

Hi all 

it's been a good 4 years or more since we started out with Wasteland and for the majority of the time it's been great fun however everything has to come to an end. 

Personally i've lost all interest over the these past few months and have decided now is the time to stop and spend this extra time with my family and friends rather than sat behind my PC any longer. 

It's clear Arma 3 has had its day as player numbers have really dropped however what has hurt us is that Subscribers/donators have also dropped off the face of the earth for everything Arma 3, so to give our Exile servers a bit more life i have asked for the Wasteland box not to be renewed (presuming there is enough money in CCG anyhow).

I would hate to wake up one morning and see everything has gone offline because the bills haven't been paid so this is me giving you notice chaps in the best way i can.  

I have no idea when the box will go offline as the person that deals with the money side of things in CCG is very difficult to get in touch with and has no interest/time? anyhow.  

To the current active CCG admins left (maybe 3?), thank you all and good luck in the future. 

all the best everyone. 

• Arppa, akk3l, Yolo Medic and 4 others like this

I'm no longer active or a part of CCG. 

Thanks for all of the good times and all the best for the future.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti
  • Forum Members
  • 15 posts

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this. I will always remember this particular server fondly!

• TheBigTom and Geforce like this

milioaneee

milioaneee
  • Forum Members
  • 10 posts

You should find a new team to take care of the whole community. It would be a shame to let it die just like that. 

• TheLag and Geforce like this

Geforce

Geforce
  • Forum Members
  • 44 posts

Well I havent been playing Wasteland more then twice but Have had you waste your time on me anyway. Thanks for your time and dedication!

/hocke

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 363 posts

I have tried to renew my subscription a week or two ago, but got no response. Would sufficient amount of subscribers could keep wasteland servers alive? You're one of largest A3 communities out there, it would be shame if you disappear just like that :( While i'm not the biggest fan of Malden map i still want to see you guys going on. For me Arma = CCG :( btw, player number have dropped because of few reasons, one of them is Malden map. Tanoa was way more populated.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this. I will always remember this particular server fondly!

You're giving up too easily! It's like 5 fucking pounds a month. 30 subscribers could keep it going on!

Edited by TheLag, 11 November 2017 - 05:17 PM.

• TheBigTom likes this

4dyzsv.png

Sane

Sane
  • Forum Members
  • 28 posts

Damn, thats a shame. I really liked wasteland. How much is the serverbox for 1 wasteland server?

Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti
  • Forum Members
  • 15 posts

I have tried to renew my subscription a week or two ago, but got no response. Would sufficient amount of subscribers could keep wasteland servers alive? You're one of largest A3 communities out there, it would be shame if you disappear just like that :( While i'm not the biggest fan of Malden map i still want to see you guys going on. For me Arma = CCG :( btw, player number have dropped because of few reasons, one of them is Malden map. Tanoa was way more populated.

You're giving up too easily! It's like 5 fucking pounds a month. 30 subscribers could keep it going on!

No, I'm not. If Matt doesn't feel like investing his time in this anymore, he is free to do whatever he wants.

Taking this opportunity to tell him what he should have done and with what map is maybe an example of the behavior that grinds down admins over time....

• Matt76 and TheLag like this

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 363 posts

Well, tht's a very valid point Sheik. Maybe I'm being a little bit selfish, but that's pretty much the only game i play these days and CCG really matters to me. I really think there are some ways to save CCG though, just not sure about the others.

Edited by TheLag, 11 November 2017 - 07:27 PM.

4dyzsv.png

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,761 posts
Nobody deals with tickets anymore so there's no point raising one.

It's not just the cost of a server it's the cost of everything else we have, forums, TS, admin consoles etc the list goes on.

What's the point in running a server with no admins and no one to check the logs and Ban shit bags I'd rather turn it off than let it run like that.

Not to mention the whole wasteland community has died off this year, and next to no half decent servers left anymore. The dev doesn't give a damn anymore.

Ps I'm the only one that was bothered about wasteland so please don't spam this page with lets carry on it isn't chap's
  • TheLag and HaMarco like this

TheLag

TheLag
  • Forum Members
  • 363 posts

I hear you Matt76, still really sad. Well, that's my last post on these forums  i guess. Best of luck in your life and thank you for countless hours of fun on CCG, for your hard work and support.

• Matt76 and TheBigTom like this

4dyzsv.png

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 3,064 posts
Thanks for all your hard work Matt76, good luck in your next venture. Cav
  • Matt76 likes this

hydrog

hydrog
  • Forum Members
  • 27 posts
Dear matt and wasteland team,

Thank you for all the time and effort you put in to the server to bring us enjoyment.

Without realising most of us spent countless hours in ccg wasteland.

Thank you for realising a way for most of us to relax (And in my case blow of some steam after a rough work week.).

Good luck with whatever your going to do and the best to you and the other mods and admins that took the effort to make it possible.
  • Matt76 likes this

Yolo Medic

Yolo Medic
  • Forum Members
  • 61 posts

damn im going to miss this

• Dozer_302 likes this

TheBigTom

TheBigTom
  • Forum Members
  • 181 posts
Matt, thank you for your hard work here, I think you've had a lot of troubles with my requests but you've successfully put them on the server so I want to give you my little word "Thanks"

I hope you will not delete it (100% delete) this our favorite server from the internet and you will keep some backup for someone or if you will want to start it again so you will not need to make everything from zero, I think all of the users here, could help when you one day will want to start this server again (m2).

I hope this is not "The Absolute end" Of CCG bcz this comunity and admin team "accepted" me, You know i am little bit "salty"(little bit more) so thx.
That should be probably everything.

(Sorry for my english i know its not 70% but i think you will know what i want to say so dont hate)

Matt76 i wish for you huge amout of money :D good luck in your life also in work i think you are something like IT engineer :D 
and I really want to THANK YOU for this good server what you made by your hands. 

I hope i will see you later :)

TheBigTom-MadSalt

• Matt76 and unswede like this

Matt76

Matt76

Wasteland Guru

• Owners
  • 7,761 posts
Thank you Tom I appreciate it.

HaMarco

HaMarco
  • Forum Members
  • 62 posts

Never played wasteland, but thanks. People underestimate what dedication and effort is put in. THANKS for everything.

Hatrious

Hatrious
  • Forum Members
  • 35 posts

Matt, thank you for your hard work here, I think you've had a lot of troubles with my requests but you've successfully put them on the server so I want to give you my little word "Thanks"

I hope you will not delete it (100% delete) this our favorite server from the internet and you will keep some backup for someone or if you will want to start it again so you will not need to make everything from zero, I think all of the users here, could help when you one day will want to start this server again (m2).

I hope this is not "The Absolute end" Of CCG bcz this comunity and admin team "accepted" me, You know i am little bit "salty"(little bit more) so thx.
That should be probably everything.

(Sorry for my english i know its not 70% but i think you will know what i want to say so dont hate)

Matt76 i wish for you huge amout of money :D good luck in your life also in work i think you are something like IT engineer :D 
and I really want to THANK YOU for this good server what you made by your hands. 

I hope i will see you later :)

TheBigTom-MadSalt

AGREED!

Would also like to say that this server was the best i've tried and played on. Only have 1000h in arma, and 90% of it, on this server (Stratis). It's been fun and good gaming experience.

And like I said, I agree with Tom. You should try, for us the community you build and still have, to sell/give (whatever) this server to someone else. Providing they will carry on the torch.

I can understand that owning and managing one or more servers has its weight, and you want to make a change. I can also understand that Wasteland doesn't provide an income, enough to sustain itself, even if people have different opinions or pretend that it's X reason not Y reason. But it's a shame not to give it a final try, pass the crown to someone else and have hope. After all, its not like there are other good servers out there, or so i've heard. Think of it like... you've build a City from ground up, and as the mayor now you're stepping down, and you want to evacuate everyone and close this City down. We are your citizens, and we wanna stay!

Think about it! Don't make us homeless.

Regards [Darth] Hatrious

Edited by Hatrious, 12 November 2017 - 12:39 PM.

• TheLag, PwN5t4R and unswede like this

Arppa

Arppa

SOON DEAD

• Forum Members
  • 324 posts

Woa, im speechless.. Thank you for your dedication these past few year Matt. Lots of people will be missing your servers :(

PwN5t4R

PwN5t4R
  • Forum Members
  • 16 posts

There has to be a way to save the best Arma server out there by miles...  Thanx @Matt76 and team for an awesome experience on a great server! Could it not be funded say via patreon or something? It may not be like before when you were lucky to even get connected to a server due to being full all the time but it is still busy and especially on the weekends with a core group of very regular players. Perhaps put an ingame notice of your intentions and open up to the community for solutions if they want to keep it going? All the constant updates are great and make it fresh, but i know this requires time and effort so minimal updates etc to allow you more time for other pursuits, delegate some admin duties and keep it bare-bones as far as workload your end...

• Hatrious and unswede like this

xmg

xmg
  • Forum Members
  • 4 posts

Will you be willing to share the server files? It would be a shame to see a quality wasteland setup dissapear completely.

• Dozer_302 and unswede like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users