Ok so I know there are guides already on here however most are incomplete with fixes spanning over 5 pages. So this is a extremely simplified way to update!
Please note that these options have worked for myself as-well as a multitude of others! Any problems you encounter after going through this simple guide may not be the fault of CCG so please do not post anything rude against myself or CCG. If you have a problem simply post it below and if there is a fix made for it I will add it to this guide.
- Option 1 (The launcher): This one is extremely simple.
- First uninstall the old version of the CCG Launcher and grab the new one from here -:- Latest CCG Launcher -:-
- Now goto your documents folder were the mods are stored, it should be C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher Delete the old version of @Dayz_Epoch.
- Now Install the new version of the CCG Launcher if you haven't already and download the files as you normally would via the launcher.
- Option 2 (Torrent): This one will be a lot faster than the Launcher however it requires you to know a little about torrenting.
Also note that this option has myself and several others helping out with dedicated servers. My personal server has a 10Gbit connection and with the amount of people seeding will be the fastest option.
- Start again by uninstalling the old version of the CCG Launcher and download yourself the new one from the link above.
- Next remove your old @Dayz_Epoch mod folder from your mods folder. It should be something like this C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher.
- Now grab yourself a program to download yourself the torrent. If you don't already have one then I would suggest getting Bittornado -:-Download here -:- It's free and lightweight so should be perfect for this simple job. (Use whatever torrent downloader you like if you know what you're doing)
- Now download the torrent via the link here -:- .Torrent -:-
- After you have finished downloading the file you need to unzip it. To do this you simply need to download winrar found here -:- Winrar -:-
- Now unzip the downloaded file into your mods folder which again should be: C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher and you're good to go.
(Close and reopen the CCG Launcher if you had it open at all for it to recognize the newly added mods)
- Option 3 (Alternative Downloads) For those of you that don't want to use a torrent file but still wan to download it as fast as possible then use this option!
- Follow the above guide for uninstalling the old CCG Launcher and installing the new one.
- Grab Winrar as mentioned above again: -:- Winrar -:-
- Now grab the Epoch file from here: -:- Download -:-
- This download is hosted on my personal server and should be more than fast enough for you to download as fast as possible.
Once downloaded simply unzip the file into your mods folder and you're ready to go again.
--PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPTION IS NOT!!! ILLEGAL AT ALL ON ANY LEVEL. TORRENTING ITSELF IS NOT ILLEGAL, HOWEVER TORRENTING COPIED FILMS,TVSHOWS,MUSIC AND SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL AND CCG DOES NOT CONDONE THE TORRENTING OF ILLEGAL MATERIALS THIS OPTION IS ONLY TO BE USED TO DOWNLOAD THE DAYZ_EPOCH MOD --
The two above options should be more than enough to get you back up and running with the new versions of Epoch.
Please make sure you delete the old Epoch mod before you replace it with the new one. Overwriting the old version has been known to causes issues so please delete the old Epoch mod before replacing it!
If you have any questions or problems, please note that myself and others will need more than "It didn't work" to be able to help you.
If you have a problem joining a server, Please say what server it was and what error you received.
If you have a problem downloading for any reason, please post which options you used and what problem you are having specifically please.
If you have problems with 1 file not being verified then follow what zo0i says here:
No no, i had that happen to me too. All you need to do is option 2, download the torrents and place in CCG mod folder. Delete all BattlEye folders/files. Verify and start Arma 2, Arma 2 OA. BattlEye wouldn't update for OA, so i downloaded the client and server files off the website and put them in a folder called BattlEye in Arma2 OA folder. Works like a charm now.
Edit: It's said in other posts, that you DO NOT need to re install any Arma. Just DL the torrent files and manually update battleye. The battleye files are on their website, simply place in battleye folders in Arma & Arma OA folders.
Without enough information I and others simply can not help you!
Please make sure to use the CCG Launcher when connecting to servers, using anything else is not advised and may just cause errors for you. I can personally say that all of the above options work without a problem as does the CCG Launcher.
Edited by joelp53, 05 July 2014 - 02:59 PM.