Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  Lepa : (21 January 2018 - 08:43 PM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aLESDql1U

@  Hatrious : (21 January 2018 - 07:22 PM)

Yes! Im poor again. :)

@  Matt76 : (21 January 2018 - 07:09 PM)

dealt with...

@  Hatrious : (21 January 2018 - 06:56 PM)

Hackers dropping billions of $ on Stratis.

@  Hatrious : (21 January 2018 - 06:55 PM)

Battleeye kicking me and others on Wasteland Stratis, Tanoa working fine.

@  Hatrious : (21 January 2018 - 06:43 PM)

https://imgur.com/a/mV53S Check money.

@  maca134 : (20 January 2018 - 08:36 PM)

Server databases fixed. Last paid times have been set to today, so no based should be effected.

@  maca134 : (19 January 2018 - 05:53 PM)

Working on the 2 exile servers which are lock, will be fixed soon

@  Major_lag : (18 January 2018 - 09:22 PM)

Chernarus EU has been locked most of the day today. Just wondering if this is intentional?

@  Major_lag : (14 January 2018 - 01:41 AM)

O.o

@  TheLag : (13 January 2018 - 10:14 AM)

:D

@  Samsonite : (11 January 2018 - 02:26 PM)

Almost https://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0, everybody!

@  HaMarco : (09 January 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Anyone else having issues getting on Frankies Tanoa 2?

@  TheLag : (06 January 2018 - 12:06 PM)

@Matt76 How's servers CPU load after installing KB4056892?

@  TheLag : (05 January 2018 - 12:13 AM)

Sweet! Private storage really needed to be increased. Thanks.

@  Matt76 : (01 January 2018 - 07:14 PM)

a few changes & fixes by A3 Wasteland http://customcombatg...st-apex/page-13

@  TheLag : (01 January 2018 - 10:01 AM)

https://youtu.be/f8HtmFtGSQo (not Rebeca Black this time :P )

@  TheLag : (01 January 2018 - 09:17 AM)

Happy New Year Arma fans!

@  Major_lag : (31 December 2017 - 10:57 PM)

Seems like more server issues for exile

@  Blucas : (31 December 2017 - 02:07 AM)

@Rainbow Dash Nice :D

Photo

How to update guide! (Updated)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

Ok so I know there are guides already on here however most are incomplete with fixes spanning over 5 pages. So this is a extremely simplified way to update!

Please note that these options have worked for myself as-well as a multitude of others! Any problems you encounter after going through this simple guide may not be the fault of CCG so please do not post anything rude against myself or CCG. If you have a problem simply post it below and if there is a fix made for it I will add it to this guide.

Download Links if you know what you're doing from my dedicated server: 
Epoch 
.Torrent 
Epoch Direct download
Overwatch Direct Download

• Option 1 (The launcher): This one is extremely simple.  
    - First uninstall the old version of the CCG Launcher and grab the new one from here -:-  Latest CCG Launcher -:-
    - Now goto your documents folder were the mods are stored, it should be C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher Delete the old version of @Dayz_Epoch. 
    - Now Install the new version of the CCG Launcher if you haven't already and download the files as you normally would via the launcher.

• Option 2 (Torrent): This one will be a lot faster than the Launcher however it requires you to know a little about torrenting.
    Also note that this option has myself and several others helping out with dedicated servers. My personal server has a 10Gbit connection and with the amount of people seeding will be the fastest option.

- Start again by uninstalling the old version of the CCG Launcher and download yourself the new one from the link above.
    - Next remove your old @Dayz_Epoch mod folder from your mods folder. It should be something like this C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher. 
    - Now grab yourself a program to download yourself the torrent. If you don't already have one then I would suggest getting Bittornado -:-Download here -:- It's free and lightweight so should be perfect for this simple job. (Use whatever torrent downloader you like if you know what you're doing)
    - Now download the torrent via the link here -:- .Torrent -:- 
    - After you have finished downloading the file you need to unzip it. To do this you simply need to download winrar found here -:- Winrar -:-
    - Now unzip the downloaded file into your mods folder which again should be: C:\Users\Joel\Documents\CCGLauncher and you're good to go.
    (Close and reopen the CCG Launcher if you had it open at all for it to recognize the newly added mods)

• Option 3 (Alternative Downloads) For those of you that don't want to use a torrent file but still wan to download it as fast as possible then use this option!
    - Follow the above guide for uninstalling the old CCG Launcher and installing the new one. 
    - Grab Winrar as mentioned above again: -:- Winrar -:-
    - Now grab the Epoch file from here: -:- Download -:-
    This download is hosted on my personal server and should be more than fast enough for you to download as fast as possible. 
    Once downloaded simply unzip the file into your mods folder and you're ready to go again.

--PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPTION IS NOT!!! ILLEGAL AT ALL ON ANY LEVEL. TORRENTING ITSELF IS NOT ILLEGAL, HOWEVER TORRENTING COPIED FILMS,TVSHOWS,MUSIC AND SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL AND CCG DOES NOT CONDONE THE TORRENTING OF ILLEGAL MATERIALS THIS OPTION IS ONLY TO BE USED TO DOWNLOAD THE DAYZ_EPOCH MOD --

The two above options should be more than enough to get you back up and running with the new versions of Epoch. 
Please make sure you delete the old Epoch mod before you replace it with the new one. Overwriting the old version has been known to causes issues so please delete the old Epoch mod before replacing it!

If you have any questions or problems, please note that myself and others will need more than "It didn't work" to be able to help you. 

If you have a problem joining a server, Please say what server it was and what error you received.
If you have a problem downloading for any reason, please post which options you used and what problem you are having specifically please.

If you have problems with 1 file not being verified then follow what zo0i says here:

No no, i had that happen to me too. All you need to do is option 2, download the torrents and place in CCG mod folder. Delete all BattlEye folders/files. Verify and start Arma 2, Arma 2 OA. BattlEye wouldn't update for OA, so i downloaded the client and server files off the website and put them in a folder called BattlEye in Arma2 OA folder. Works like a charm now.

Edit: It's said in other posts, that you DO NOT need to re install any Arma. Just DL the torrent files and manually update battleye. The battleye files are on their website, simply place in battleye folders in Arma & Arma OA folders.

Without enough information I and others simply can not help you!

Please make sure to use the CCG Launcher when connecting to servers, using anything else is not advised and may just cause errors for you. I can personally say that all of the above options work without a problem as does the CCG Launcher.

Edited by joelp53, 05 July 2014 - 02:59 PM.

• AssistantNick and Sioux like this

~ Joel

bluepotatoes

bluepotatoes
  • Forum Members
  • 13 posts

did both methods, but when I join the server it says session lost. Any clue how to fix this?

• SpuGe likes this

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

What server are you trying to join? 

~ Joel

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 3,058 posts

One of our guys kept getting "session lost errors" because he wasn't using the correct version of the Arma 2 Beta.  He was not using the CCG launcher.

Cav

Edited by AIRCAV, 01 July 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Mattjew

Mattjew
  • Forum Members
  • 3 posts

whilest downloading the required mods, i keep getting the meesage 'somthing went wrong (file sizes don't match)    

please help

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

You need to give a little more information.
What are you using to download the required mods? 
What is giving you the error? 
Have you tried using the above methods to get the mods working?

~ Joel

Mattjew

Mattjew
  • Forum Members
  • 3 posts

well, im useing the new CCG launcher thing to download the mods for overpoch (epoch and overwatch) and it gives me that error message (somthing went wrong (file sizes don't match) ) after downlaing for a little while

Smacker

Smacker
  • Forum Members
  • 116 posts

Joelp53, what CCG server have you joined through the launcher?

I was trying to join CCG Overpoch Lingor last night and it refused to finish downloading a folder I had already downloaded and in the "mods folder"

How I got my game to work:

SO, What I am thinking will make this work:

1. Get your Steam version of the game 100% up to date(1.63...)

1A - I re-downloaded everything ARMA2/OA, not my addons though

1B - This may work as well - Go to Steam, right click on "Arma 2 OA -> Properties -> go to "local files" tab -> "verify integrity of game cache"

****I did not do this(1B) method, I cannot verify it works 100%****

2. Download Epoch with Torrent https://www.dropbox....051.zip.torrent

3. Manually add in BattlEye http://www.battleye.com/download.html

****May not be needed if you use 1B option****

4. Launch game(no parameters) with Steam

5. Main Menu Click, "Expansions", for CCG Lingor, we include:

- DayzLingor(if playing Overpoch Lingor)

- DayzOverwatch

- Dayz_Epoch1051

****Game will need to restart itself****

6. Find game in Browser.(If you see no games, hit the bottom left button)

7. Enjoy being a fresh spawn with 2500 humanity.

Innoculus

Innoculus
  • Forum Members
  • 42 posts

Mine did the same thing so trying the torrent version now. 1.69Gb uploaded so far :)  Will let you know how that goes.

Puggy117

Puggy117
  • Forum Members
  • 3 posts

Every time i use the new link to install the new launcher it says that the version is out of date, i have uninstalled the old version btw. Plz help :? 

Sam The Man

Sam The Man
  • Forum Members
  • 217 posts

Very comprehensive guide, I like it. Nice work!

Has what i've said helped? Click the "Like" button to let others know!

Posted Image

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

well, im useing the new CCG launcher thing to download the mods for overpoch (epoch and overwatch) and it gives me that error message (somthing went wrong (file sizes don't match) ) after downlaing for a little while

Simply use either the direct download method or torrent download method to fix this problem :)

Joelp53, what CCG server have you joined through the launcher?

I was trying to join CCG Overpoch Lingor last night and it refused to finish downloading a folder I had already downloaded and in the "mods folder"

How I got my game to work:

SO, What I am thinking will make this work:

1. Get your Steam version of the game 100% up to date(1.63...)

1A - I re-downloaded everything ARMA2/OA, not my addons though

1B - This may work as well - Go to Steam, right click on "Arma 2 OA -> Properties -> go to "local files" tab -> "verify integrity of game cache"

****I did not do this(1B) method, I cannot verify it works 100%****

2. Download Epoch with Torrent https://www.dropbox....051.zip.torrent

3. Manually add in BattlEye http://www.battleye.com/download.html

****May not be needed if you use 1B option****

4. Launch game(no parameters) with Steam

5. Main Menu Click, "Expansions", for CCG Lingor, we include:

- DayzLingor(if playing Overpoch Lingor)

- DayzOverwatch

- Dayz_Epoch1051

****Game will need to restart itself****

6. Find game in Browser.(If you see no games, hit the bottom left button)

7. Enjoy being a fresh spawn with 2500 humanity.

I am glad you have fixed it however I would try not to run without anything except the CCG Launcher. There isn't currently any problems for a lot of people with the CCG Launcher and people having problems are normally (as far as I can tell) steam related problems. It seems to me that if you started fresh you would fix all your problems as that's basically what you have done in your little tutorial anyway buddy :)

Mine did the same thing so trying the torrent version now. 1.69Gb uploaded so far :)  Will let you know how that goes.

Glad you're one of the very few that have decided to try another option rather than post about one that I even said may not work lol.

Every time i use the new link to install the new launcher it says that the version is out of date, i have uninstalled the old version btw. Plz help :? 

Uninstall the Launcher from your P.C and delete any old downloads of the launcher then restart your p.c.
After you have restarted your P.C make sure that the old CCG Launcher is completely removed from your P.C and use either option 2 or option 3 of my guide to get it all working, 

Hope this helps you guys!

Very comprehensive guide, I like it. Nice work!

Thank-you very much indeed!

Also just added several links including direct downloads for both Epoch and Overwatch. 
 ~ Enjoy 

~ Joel

D4NNY54

D4NNY54
  • Forum Members
  • 2 posts

Hi, 

I have also been having the 'your ccg launcher is out of date' message, I have tried the steps in this guide but still the same message.

Ive deleted all the files and re DL about 20 times!!

Any help would be really appreciated

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

The best bet is to join teamspeak and ask about this problem, I don't personally know why you'd be getting this error because when you uninstall the software it should delete everything meaning it shouldn't give any errors :/

I'll ask in teamspeak myself when I get back later on if you don't have a solution already :) 

• D4NNY54 likes this

~ Joel

enricowalsh

enricowalsh
  • Forum Members
  • 23 posts

so i downloaded the torrent file, i put it into my mods folder but i took out old epoch 1042 and replaced it with torrent. i tried logging into epoch and it gives me a cmd saying failed to install battleye i go into steam launch arma 2 exit and try again same thing happening. then i try to launch operation arrowhead and it gives me same message on cmd.  then i verified integrity of game cache and still nothing. any help pls?

enricowalsh

enricowalsh
  • Forum Members
  • 23 posts

also when i verify the game cache it says when its done "1 file failed to validate"

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

You will have to redownload Arma 2 OA.

~ Joel

zo0i

zo0i
  • Forum Members
  • 136 posts

You will have to redownload Arma 2 OA.

No no, i had that happen to me too. All you need to do is option 2, download the torrents and place in CCG mod folder. Delete all BattlEye folders/files. Verify and start Arma 2, Arma 2 OA. BattlEye wouldn't update for OA, so i downloaded the client and server files off the website and put them in a folder called BattlEye in Arma2 OA folder. Works like a charm now.

Edit: It's said in other posts, that you DO NOT need to re install any Arma. Just DL the torrent files and manually update battleye. The battleye files are on their website, simply place in battleye folders in Arma & Arma OA folders.

Edited by zo0i, 01 July 2014 - 11:53 PM.

• joelp53 likes this

joelp53

joelp53
  • Forum Members
  • 46 posts

Thanks for that man, I will add it to the above info for troubleshooting. 

~ Joel

PyroChrist

PyroChrist
  • Forum Members
  • 4 posts

no matter what i do, it keeps wanting to still download the mods, i'm trying to play overpoch taviana and it's being asinine.i have all 3 needed mods (nothing else for as few variables as possible)and it keeps trying to download taviana(not sure if it would try the others afterwords because the downloader is fucking shit and downloads at like 50kb/s) 

*EDIT* i just tried normal epoch and that works fine, i used the torrent for that and the dd for overwatch and the dd from http://customcombatg...wnload-torrent/ for tavi

Edited by PyroChrist, 17 July 2014 - 08:33 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users