Welcome to Custom Combat Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

@  Matt76 : (26 June 2017 - 03:16 PM)

The US servers should now be back online, all bases have had maintenance paid today chaps

@  x2dezjohn : (26 June 2017 - 12:06 AM)

Servers back offline till a rollback happens and added back to launchers.

@  maman : (25 June 2017 - 11:18 PM)

Hello my friends of Tanoa Frankie US server, to log on the server you may: Log on Tanoa Frankie 1 or 2, then get back in the server browser in arma 3 and look for Frankie server, you will find the US one and be able to log on it. (ps: dont forget to update your arma to the latest version)

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 07:35 PM)

Dread_Viking: =CCG= Shoutbox - Please do not use the shoutbox to ask for assistance with our services.

Go to TS instead.

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

spawnd luckt w me in it lol

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 PM)

nwm a kind solo unluck my car

@  Dread_Viking : (25 June 2017 - 06:02 PM)

can i get a admin to help me in exile?

@  Matt76 : (25 June 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Aka Borat :0

@  AIRCAV : (25 June 2017 - 03:09 PM)

Mornin' all. Going to be hot here today- supposed to hit 100F (almost 38C). Better put the mankini on.

@  Blucas : (24 June 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Mornin' :D

@  CarbonBlack : (23 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

Morning, long time no see or play

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

We can indeed, sorry.

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:06 AM)

it is what it is i made the choice i will never please everyone i expect that but, please can we change the record for a bit?

@  Matt76 : (23 June 2017 - 06:04 AM)

I appreciate your imput as ever chap but when you say 'we' thats you and someone else thats upset in the grand scheme of things whilst Malden has 50 players on it at this time of the morning. nothing ever stays the same and maybe one of these servers will be changed again in the future who knows.

@  TheLag : (23 June 2017 - 05:59 AM)

Matt76, we really appreciate your spent time and efforts for Arma community, but please try to see it from our end. You announced that Altis is going to be replaced with Tanoa and a lot of us bought it. Tanoa had a lot of regular players and now it's being taking down in favor of bad looking, Stratis comparable map. Your server, your rules, i got it, but please think about community you have created. Altis = Stratis = Malden. Same thing in a different shape. Tanoa was unique. Regards.

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 09:01 PM)

A nice distribution of players http://puu.sh/wrGdd/61a2f2f221.jpg

@  Blucas : (22 June 2017 - 08:21 PM)

Happy 16 years of arma :D

@  Matt76 : (22 June 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Both servers are nearly full so I actually feel quite good my hard work is paying off

@  TheLag : (22 June 2017 - 06:04 PM)

This is a sad day for me.

@  Barney626 : (22 June 2017 - 04:51 PM)

Malden Wasteland is up! Check out the post here: http://customcombatg...teland-trailer/

Photo

Epoch Kill Board statistics

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Epoch Kill Board statistics (121 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I keep non-PVP deaths in statistics?

1. Yes (52 votes [42.98%])

Percentage of vote: 42.98%

2. No (69 votes [57.02%])

Percentage of vote: 57.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Realou

Realou
  • Forum Members
  • 11 posts

Such a brilliant and well executed idea, Avram!

I did notice that the site is sort of slow, it takes me far longer to open it up than any other page alike. Perhaps taking the falling snow off will help?

Just a suggestion, I know nothing about that programming stuff. :)

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

Thank you!

I doubt the snow is a problem,more likely the problem is it must go through all 1.1M records to calculate (all time) stats. I'm considering to completely drop all non-PVP deaths and keep PVP stats only. It would free up like 60% of the database and should make it faster. And the poll results are now in favor of dropping them off.

Ps. It says I have 55 frags, however on the killboard for my server only 22 - why is that? :( I know I've killed 40+

Once again, this tool is by no means perfect. It will fail in any of these cases:

1) you choose not to display your name in-game

2) the other guy chooses not to display his name in-game

3) if there are 100+ deaths (not kills!) in 10 seconds on all servers

4) my server stops working

5) ccg kill board stops working or changes it's format

6) there are two or more players using the same name - there is no way to differentiate these users as kill board does not provide unique player ID, only their username

Go to http://www.ccg-stats.tk/ and do this:

uOaHw3i.png

Ulua

Ulua
  • Forum Members
  • 80 posts
Yea, drop the nonpvp deaths...just eat storage and performance with little to no value.
  • Avram likes this

ulua.jpg

duckyofdeath123

duckyofdeath123
  • Forum Members
  • 584 posts

Once again, this tool is by no means perfect. It will fail in any of these cases:

1) you choose not to display your name in-game

2) the other guy chooses not to display his name in-game

Once again, this gubbins about showing names is simply not accurate. Display Name (Yes/No) has, as far as we've been able to determine *in actual testing* no bearing on showing up on the killboard. We actually went through a week of murdering freshies on the coast whilst alternatively showing names and not showing names, using our preferred weapons and engagement ranges (i.e. 400 meters for close range and 800+ for snipings). We even had some of our own dead respawn fresh and show their names for testing purposes. And for target practice, because hitting bikers at 800 meters when they do 50 requires some learning.

This was before you ever made any attempt at ccgstats - we just didn't want our names showing up on the killboard.

Lapua, KSVK body shots at over 350 meters: no message most of the time, regardless of victim/shooter name being shown. Headshots usually do show a message.

LMGs, 7.62mm marksman rifles: message only if you keep hitting the body with slugs after it fell over and died but before the "lalala was killed" message shows up. If you put exactly the two rounds needed to kill into the meatsack, no message most of the time. Beter odds of message at close range. Headshots again usually do show messages.

7.62mm snipers over about 500-ish meters: only headshots produce messages reliably. Body shots tend to be eh... hit and miss.

STANAG, Warsaw Pact and Russian post-Soviet arms: difficult to make kills at longer ranges with these, but we persevered and found that like the LMGs, getting your message to show at pretty much any range requires you either keep pumping lead into a dead body for a second or two, or make headshots.

We were going to test shotguns but we got bored.

So the only way I can see for the "show names Y/N" plugin to be causing this is if that plugin being installed fucks the killboard. Because setting it to yes or No makes not one blind bit of difference.

I would also apologize to all the freshies that spawned in, spawned a bike, and then found themselves dead and waiting for the lobby. But it was for science, and I'm not sorry, so there.

• Roguegiant1 likes this

jRuxeWK.png

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

Whoa, you really studied the kill board with various weapons :) I was told here on forums that "show names Y/N" affects the kill board, and from my humble experience it seemed it's correct, but it seems it can be a bug in Arma, or maybe in the kill board itself(?)

uOaHw3i.png

Bl4ze

Bl4ze
  • Forum Members
  • 38 posts

Once again, this gubbins about showing names is simply not accurate. Display Name (Yes/No) has, as far as we've been able to determine *in actual testing* no bearing on showing up on the killboard. We actually went through a week of murdering freshies on the coast whilst alternatively showing names and not showing names, using our preferred weapons and engagement ranges (i.e. 400 meters for close range and 800+ for snipings). We even had some of our own dead respawn fresh and show their names for testing purposes. And for target practice, because hitting bikers at 800 meters when they do 50 requires some learning.

This was before you ever made any attempt at ccgstats - we just didn't want our names showing up on the killboard.

Lapua, KSVK body shots at over 350 meters: no message most of the time, regardless of victim/shooter name being shown. Headshots usually do show a message.

LMGs, 7.62mm marksman rifles: message only if you keep hitting the body with slugs after it fell over and died but before the "lalala was killed" message shows up. If you put exactly the two rounds needed to kill into the meatsack, no message most of the time. Beter odds of message at close range. Headshots again usually do show messages.

7.62mm snipers over about 500-ish meters: only headshots produce messages reliably. Body shots tend to be eh... hit and miss.

STANAG, Warsaw Pact and Russian post-Soviet arms: difficult to make kills at longer ranges with these, but we persevered and found that like the LMGs, getting your message to show at pretty much any range requires you either keep pumping lead into a dead body for a second or two, or make headshots.

We were going to test shotguns but we got bored.

So the only way I can see for the "show names Y/N" plugin to be causing this is if that plugin being installed fucks the killboard. Because setting it to yes or No makes not one blind bit of difference.

I would also apologize to all the freshies that spawned in, spawned a bike, and then found themselves dead and waiting for the lobby. But it was for science, and I'm not sorry, so there.

To back this up, I have been testing recently. I spawned in and accident clicked 'no' on displaying name, but I still got a kill on the killboard. Generally I have been displaying my name all the time, and killing players who are getting kills on the killboard (so they must be displaying name?) - I managed to kill some players that were showing kills before me, when I shot them and they died it just said "player was killed". 

Sometimes I get a murder/bandit kill, but nothing on killboard, sometimes I don't get a murder or a bandit kill - but it does show on the killboard.

Also, my friend managed to kill someone, shoot someone else and then die. I then went to the same area and about 30 minutes later I shot and killed someone, on the Killboard it said that my friend killed him (because he shot him first, and had damaged him - i'm guessing?)

I think CCG needs to work with you because these statistics are what everybody wants, you've done an amazing job Avram but I think CCG needs to get on board with you and help to iron it out so it shows all kills. 

Ps. if the database is so slow purely down to NON PVP kills then yes you should remove them, or maybe only display them/draw them from database if requested by someone trying to view them?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

bl4ze.jpg
http://www.youtube.c...eDayZ/Playlists

Zombaholic

Zombaholic
  • Donators
  • 343 posts

I dont care who tests what or who tries to prove what.

showing name has worked for me and my friends for ever, not showing name may also work at times too but if you want accurate results always show your name.

my stats should be better than they are but its doing  a decent job.

just missed some kills at times

302s0ax.jpg

dayzmerollin.jpg

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

I think CCG needs to work with you because these statistics are what everybody wants, you've done an amazing job Avram but I think CCG needs to get on board with you and help to iron it out so it shows all kills.

I'm here. And willing to do anything to improve the statistics :) It would be awesome if they could fix the board and/or provide separate kill board with PVP kills only.

Ps. if the database is so slow purely down to NON PVP kills then yes you should remove them, or maybe only display them/draw them from database if requested by someone trying to view them?

This is not possible ATM as both PVP and non-PVP kills are stored in the same database table (named appropriately "deaths"). Only difference is non-PVP kills don't have killer_id set, because killer (environment, zombie, hunger/thirst) is unknown. However, it might be possible to split them into two tables which would speed up the site as non-PVP deaths would probably be read only on player profile page.

It's easy for you to say that with 112 kills and k/d radio od 3.5 :P

Edited by Avram, 24 December 2014 - 06:07 PM.

uOaHw3i.png

duckyofdeath123

duckyofdeath123
  • Forum Members
  • 584 posts

showing name has worked for me and my friends for ever, not showing name may also work at times too but if you want accurate results always show your name.

my stats should be better than they are but its doing  a decent job.

just missed some kills at times

So what you're saying here, broken down into individual statements is:

1. you don't care about evidence

2. showing your name works (to be understood as: your kills all show up on the killboard)

3. your stats are not correctly shown on the killboard because some kills go missing (ref: point 2)

I'm not going to argue with someone who starts their argument with "I don't care for facts". Think what you like. Feel free.

Edited by duckyofdeath123, 24 December 2014 - 08:51 PM.

• Roguegiant1 likes this

jRuxeWK.png

Ulua

Ulua
  • Forum Members
  • 80 posts
He feels it to be true...lol.

I ALWAYS do not show name and my kills still show up often...but believe what makes you happy.

ulua.jpg

dolan

dolan
  • Forum Members
  • 45 posts

Non-PVP deaths should be kept in the statistics because non-PVP + PVP deaths are the only 100% accurate representation of deaths available. I'd say that only about every third or fourth death (or less?) appears as a PvP death, and thus the stats would be skewed even further if it were not to be included in the future. Players can already differentiate between the two given how they are in two categories.

The current implementation is the best solution currently available until the kill feed is improved and accurately displays the cause for each death.

As for display name on/off; I have extensively tested it and personally, have not seen ANY difference with either option. During peak hours (more desync), my kills are less likely to show and certain weapons, especially one-shot-kill weapons, rarely produce a kill message. I strongly believe that due to lag/desync, each hit only has a certain chance of including the shooter's name and thus low-damage weapons or hits that cause the victim to bleed are much more likely to produce a kill-message.

In other words, if I slowly kill someone with my PDW, I can almost guarantee that the kill shows; however, a long-range L115 kill is extremely unlikely to show up - but this is just my theory/observation.

• Falkner likes this

uncldolan.jpg

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

I have noticed the "kill" board is now full of some non-death-related messages:

2015-01-15 21:43:11: Multiple Team Killer Kicked To Indies on Wasteland[-{Mi-6}-Jimpaah^^ (76561198018816323)]

It's really messing up my site... though it shouldn't, as all messages not containing "xxx was killed" are now ignored by the script, but it simply won't pick up (almost) anything, probably due to the kill log being overcrowded with information not useful for the stats, so regular kills are (vastly) being skipped (again, due to the cron job running every 10 seconds).

uOaHw3i.png

duckyofdeath123

duckyofdeath123
  • Forum Members
  • 584 posts

you may have missed that the only thing being shown on the killboard for the last few days is wasteland teamkiller switches. The rest of it's killfeed was shut off apparently in an attempt to limit resource uses. The Arma2 servers were pretty much unplayable for a while and it looks like the killboardis one of the things that was suspended to combat what appears from this end to be a resource shortage.

Your site's not to blame.

I forgot about this this week and more than 20 HMMV M2 kills by me and at least as many infantry kills by my support act went unnoticed :(

Edited by duckyofdeath123, 16 January 2015 - 12:48 PM.

jRuxeWK.png

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

Blah... pity... the site had a potential to become something good :)

I'll probably keep it running for a while, but if kill log does not return, I'll have to shut it down.

uOaHw3i.png

duckyofdeath123

duckyofdeath123
  • Forum Members
  • 584 posts

Yeah, without input it won't be very much use. Still, we had fun with it :D

jRuxeWK.png

AIRCAV

AIRCAV
  • Admins
  • 2,898 posts
For what it's worth, I liked the killboard website, and would hate to see it go.

Perhaps after the recent lag / desync problems have been sorted, the kill feeds could be turned back on?

Cav

Avram

Avram
  • Forum Members
  • 37 posts

Well, as ducky said, without kill feed there is no input so it's practically useless, except for the archive maybe. :(

And on top of that, we already have a gap in the statistics, if we forget the fact that statistics are not 100% accurate even when the kill board is working (due to arma/dayz/killboard not reporting each kill as pvp death), so the damage is already done and is getting greater with the time the killboard is not running. Maybe a fresh start when (if) the killboard is fixed :)

• Falkner likes this

uOaHw3i.png

Falkner

Falkner
  • Forum Members
  • 318 posts

The killboard is back on :)

I hope you will put ccgstats back on aswell. And yes, I know all the probs but still, it is great to have it (and not so great to not have it ..).

And again yep, I'm a killboard-whore! :wub:

hickley boy

hickley boy
  • Forum Members
  • 8 posts

when is the site back up?

• Realou likes this

duckyofdeath123

duckyofdeath123
  • Forum Members
  • 584 posts

Looks like never.